On Wednesday, December 8, 2021, IBHI will again offer its well-received seminar on Improving Emergency Department Flow for People with Behavioral Health Problems at the Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel preceding the 12th Annual National Update on Behavioral Emergencies Conference at the same location.
This seminar is designed to help teams of Emergency Department health care professionals and administrators assess challenges and better organize operations to respond to the needs of individuals, and produce better outcomes.
Upon completion of the Seminar, participants will be able to:
- identify specific aspects of their Emergency Department operation which exacerbate symptoms for behavioral health patients.
- develop a plan to implement community wide response to reduce the time people with behavioral health problems spend in the ED.
- identify ways to restructure cooperation with law and justice organizations.
- identify ways to reduce agitation
- understand and identify symptoms of potential for suicide by people presenting for care
- identify specific issues which lead to court cases and methods for avoiding those issues.